Monday, February 10, 2014

Traditional Cocktailing with the Manhattan

There is a part of me that is very old fashion and traditional. There is a romantic side of me that loves the idea of my husband coming home after a long day in the office and serving him a cocktail before supper. I know this idea sounds very old fashion indeed-and there is no way this happens on a regular basis; but occasionally it is fun!

So for all of my friends out there who aren't whiskey/bourbon drinkers, here is how to make the perfect Manhattan cocktail.


The perfect Manhattan
2 ounces rye whiskey
1 ounce Italian vermouth
2 dashes angostura bitters
1 large ice cube (we got cylinder ice cube makers that are fun to use and the ice melts slower so it doesn't dilute your cocktails)

Stir stir stir so the ice chills the drink and serve!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment