Thursday, February 13, 2014

Simple Valentines Idea

 
I have a confession, I get HUGE anxiety doing crafts. I see all these amazing projects on Pintrest and wish I had the patience and ability to do some of them.
 
Another confession, Valentines day isn't a huge deal in my house. We try to show our love in small ways to each other but I never understood the concept of once a year spending hundreds on flowers and going out to eat and all this lavishness. I would rather sprinkle love throughout the year. Every since we started dating (11 years ago) we started the tradition of cooking for one another. To this day, this has been our standing tradition and is much more our style.
 
So combining my anxiety for crafts and the simplicity of the holiday I came up with the below idea. I remember making hearts out of standard construction paper in elementary school, so I thought to myself, "if a second grader can do it so can I."
 
I made some hearts and wrote different reasons why I love my husband. My plan is to hide them in places so he finds them throughout the day such as his underwear drawer, his lunch box he takes to work, by his toothbrush, his car, etc. 
 
 
 
It might be simple...but its the thought that counts right?
 
Happy Valentines Day!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I did this same thing last year. I made a few origami hearts and wrote cute messages inside ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete